In 2014, Prodigium Co-Founder Tobias Deml created a magazine together with Robert Rippberger, with the sole purpose of concentrating and disseminating information about social impact entertainment; this solidified the intellectual backbone of Prodigium’s impact entertainment.
What exactly is Cinema of Change? Here is part of its mission statement:
Filmmakers have classically created film to entertain, to make art and profit, to advance technology and narrative structures. There is a much greater potential within movies though, namely that films can change society.
Learn more at www.cinemaofchange.com .
Prodigium’s Social Impact Entertainment Research
- Prodigium continuously absorbs “what works” type of insights from psychology, advertising and media effects studies and re-purposes them for our entertainment and cause marketing work.
- We travel around the globe to stay on the cutting edge of impact research, such as attending the SBCC Summit in Indonesia in 2018, or visiting the father of entertainment-education in Mexico City.
- We maintain the world’s largest database of impact-oriented entertainment players (see below).
- We co-fund a lot of the R&D that goes into Cinema of Change.
- Our first feature film, Striver’s Row, is a good example of what Cinema of Change is and means – a film aimed at having both commercial success and social impact.
The Cinema of Change Ecosystem
Together with Cinema of Change, we developed and populated its ecosystem:
The largest collection of major players in the Social Impact Entertainment space: Film Studios, Non-Profits, University Programs, Research Facilities and Funding Organizations that concentrate on the Social Impact of Entertainment.
Check out the Cinema of Change Ecosystem to find out about fellow organizations in our space.